Mental Health Transformation Grant (MHTG)
The purpose of the Mental Health Transformation Grant (MHTG) program is to foster adoption and implementation of permanent transformative changes in how public mental health services are organized, managed and delivered so that they are consumer-driven, recovery-oriented and supported through evidence-based and best practices. Funding supports States and local governments to create and/or expand treatment capacity within several of SAMHSA’s priority areas including, prevention and wellness, trauma-informed care, military families, housing and homelessness, and employment. MHTG is a SAMHSA service implementation grant program that is the sequel to the Mental Health Transformation State Incentive Grant program, an infrastructure grant program awarded in 2005 and 2006.
SAMHSA’s GAINS Center will provide technical assistance to the 20 Mental Health Transformation Grant (MHTG) grantees as they work to address gaps in mental health treatment services, and increase the ability of states, units of local government, and American Indian/Alaska Native tribes and tribal organizations to help populations with or at-risk for serious mental health problems.
- Tanama Chiefs Conference, Alaska
- County of Santa Cruz, California
- State of Colorado
- Connecticut Dept. of Mental Health & Addiction Services
- Delaware Dept. of Health and Social Services
- Hawaii Department of Health
- Idaho Dept. of Health and Welfare
- Lake County Health Dept. & Community Health Center, Illinois
- Kalamazoo County Community Mental Health Authority - Michigan
- Network 180, Michigan
- City of Saint Louis Mental Health Board of Trustees, Missouri
- County of Somerset- Richard Hall Community Mental Health Center, New Jersey
- State of New Mexico - Human Services Dept.
- Oklahoma Dept. of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Beaver County Behavioral Health, Pennsylvania
- Tennessee Dept. of Mental Health and Development Disabilities
- Vermont Dept. of Mental Health
- Washington State Dept. of Social and Health Services
- King County, Washington
- Menominee Indian Tribe of Wisconsin
Grantee Profiles and Infographs